Since I’ve been on Habitica, I’ve been more sensitive lately on what sort of productivity I’ve been putting out in the world and what I want to accomplish in my life beyond the usual life and career goals. That is, more than the usual “get rich and travel” mantra.
I got over 12 hours of sleep last night and woke up with a slight headache – perhaps from oversleeping? – so I am suddenly in the mood to jot down a list of things I want to accomplish in the near future.
Of course, these things may have to wait until my life is back in order and I’m no longer unemployed and living at my parents’ place, but I feel like publishing list and putting this out “in public” it will help remind me that I still have goals, that there are things I still dream about. COVID has definitely changed my expectations of life, and I don’t want to lose sight of who I was or what I want.
- Publish a book. Maybe a romance, maybe a fantasy, and maybe it’ll be a self-publish via Amazon only, but I want to try this.
- Get a Microsoft Surface laptop to carry around with me on travels so I have easy access to jot down writing ideas.
- Get a second monitor so I can try Twitch streaming at least part-time.
- Get a nice webcam too for the same above reason.
- Get a nice desktop table for the same reason above, so I actually feel comfortable staring at my screen all day. Ergonomics are important.
- Elope in a scenic area for photos and then return to the city to throw a party.
- Move out and live out on my own with a dog, of course. Ideally a condo.
- Really learn and be good at investing. This will have to be after all my debts (e.g. credit cards and student loans) are paid off though.
- Maybe get into real photography?
Maybe I’ll edit this later when I’ve thought about it even more.